Jordan

Lunar Updates 07/31/2020 53

Hey guys, this is a small update post that will cover a few things we've been doing and have planned for the Lunar Network.

1.8.9 Combat
To start off, I want to address the 1.8 combat on Lunar Client. In the past 1-2 months, we removed a feature on Lunar Client that made 1.8.9 pvp almost identical to 1.7.10 due to the fact there were implications on other 1.8 servers. We are happy to announce that last night, we reimplented this "feature" and made it so it only works on our server (lunar.gg). This means that 1.8.9 pvp on the server will feel like it did initially. To configure further settings on 1.8 to resemble 1.7, go into the "1.7 Visuals Mod" and you will be presented many options. For further information regarding 1.8.9 combat, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPv2no979EA.

Teams Changes
Ever since we removed force invites, we recognized the problem of players leaving their faction for an event or teamfight just to join another faction who has numbers on. This should NOT be happening. Therefore, starting this map, we have implemented a system to try to prevent this.

If a player leaves a faction they will be put on a 1 hour cooldown before they can join another faction. However, they can still re-join their own team (meaning you guys can still cycle players in and out of your faction). It is also important to note that just like previous maps, force invites will be enabled when an event becomes activated. Furthermore, we have made it so players cannot leave their faction while raidable during Citadel.

If players try to get around this by alting, they will simply be banned, no questions asked. For the benefit of the server and community, lets work together to ensure this map goes smoothly. If we notice any issues with these changes, we will address them in a timely manner.

Minigames
Before Season 6 releases, we have made a few changes to minigames such as Meetup, Bunkers, and PotSG. You will now notice there are nice win messages and statistics whenever a game is over. PotSG also has new builds and the game will not last as long. This is just the start, we plan to invest a lot of time into making minigames on Lunar more enjoyable. More information regarding Minigames will come when we announce Season 6 of Lunar.

Conclusion
This concludes this update post. I plan to make more of these posts in the future! We hope you all will enjoy the new changes we have planned for the server.
Are you sure?
Please login to reply to this thread.
Hey Jordan, please take your time to read the following suggestions, you won't regret it:

- add a full inventory of soups to the soup ladder so it is based around souping rather than winning a trade.
- add GApple back, at least for Unranked and make sure it uses Vanilla armor durability (if it doesn't work add it anyway so we have a ladder to improve our melee, NoDebuff doesn't do that).
- add more vertical knockback, especially for BuildUHC RodPvP
- bring back HCT NoDebuff, I miss /p opens
- remove Sumo from Ranked, it is a stupid ladder that involves nothing more but Autoclicking 20 CPS to win
- remove all obstacles from all maps so people can't pearl and camp on top of them anymore.
- implement the system that prevents people from editing the items of their NoDebuff Ranked kits for all of the other kits.
- strengthen the armour of the Archer ladder or modify the damage so it doesn't allow you to kill someone with 3 shots.

Please let me know if you read it.
Are you sure?
also reset peoples elo when they boost and get client banned
Are you sure?
client banning is just to far someone hacking and so one elo boosting just to look cool is a difference.
Are you sure?
just pointing out that fypsilion has both elo boosted and been client banned and didnt get his elo reset!
Are you sure?
Well I got false banned as there was no real elo boosting involved hence no Elo reset, ask idiol lol.
Apart from that, I didn't cheat for my Elo on this account, so no reset there either.
Are you sure?
elo boosting = 3 day ban and elo reset idk tf you saying and money can do a lot
Are you sure?
I am disagree on remove obisticals of maps. I think flat map is very boring, but maybe they can make it so that like you cannot pearl on that shit. Like barrier
Are you sure?
i'd rather have obstacles i've never seen people camp, and it makes gameplay more interesting and more like the actual map
Are you sure?
This is not meant to be offensive but the reason you didn't is because nobody can be asked to camp against a 900 elo, there is no reason
Are you sure?
ive been 2 shot in archer before lmao, it's really broken

+1 for everything listed, also maybe add classic kit to unranked?
Are you sure?
I would approve
Are you sure?
ok so people won't be able to edit their vanilla kit ? That's stupid
Are you sure?
No, it's fair and will prevent them from running out speed and other effects
Are you sure?
u should be allowed to edit ur vanilla kit and debuff kit though imo because historically people have chosen to have more debuffs than the default kit gives you, like for example 4 poison and 2 slowness
Are you sure?
Yes but it's always being abused to edit your kit to play annoying (i.e. not bringing any debuffs in debuff) and the reason people bring more debuffs is that they believe to be able to get an advantage over others. Shouldn't be possible.
Are you sure?
Time to play 1.8 in ranked again awesome
Are you sure?
hey u there, u stink take a shower
Are you sure?
U kno the vibe
Are you sure?
lol
Are you sure?
Is there a possibility for you to add features such as auto text on 1.7.
Which will make tling and using other commands easier!
Are you sure?
make it so on 1.8 you can turn hit boxes on pls and also any idea when season 5 of prac is ending ?
Are you sure?
[Deleted]
Are you sure?
1. We haven't thought about this but if this is something people want we can look into it.
2. Yes, we are in the testing phase of voice chat so we shall see.
Are you sure?
How come it was available on the cheatbreaker but when it is on lunar client it need like many work to make?
Are you sure?
[Deleted]
Are you sure?
Ahh. Make sense. Thank you for answer.

I thought Jhalt give everything code for Lunar. That is not true?
Are you sure?
Thank you for hard work
Are you sure?
Thank you so many for this updates on Lunar and LC. I am happy with this and I hope this will become more popular. But I have question.

When this Club Client come out, how do you think you are gonna compete with that? What make LC better then MMC because eventually you want to make people play on Lunar client and not Club client.

Thank you 💯💜
Are you sure?
If a player leaves a faction they will be put on a 1 hour cooldown before they can join another faction. - This is good but should be way longer like 3+ hours minimum as during EU times NAs will just friend rank for EU koths.
Are you sure?
We will try the 1 hour cooldown at the start and if it doesn't seem to doing the job, we can always increase it.
Are you sure?
Honestly should be 8+ hours

What reason is there to have people leaving and joining other facs? Maybe disable it on SOTW because many facs do multiple smaller facs to mine etc but honestly a lot of people don't swap facs for good, a lot of people just F open or play with friends if they wanna do that make it so they are punished by waiting a long time
Are you sure?
^ what this guy said
Are you sure?
Yes Jordan
Are you sure?
nah this fake
Are you sure?
Please allow disabling "leftClickTimer" on the server-side through an API of some kind.
Are you sure?
What about Lunar Client Radio
Are you sure?
Whens the new season of practice coming out?
Are you sure?
What about the "service and controller apps" process that spikes the cpu usage to 100% when the anticheat is ON ? I know it doesn't affect all players, but for me I'm getting very bad fps and it's very anoying / frustrating... I usually get 700 - 800 fps without the anticheat.
Are you sure?
The new lunar teams capes came out, yet Aurora's cape still has not been put on the shop even though we're going on our third map now. Physci has been ignoring us for ages, when will our cape be put in the shop?
Are you sure?
patriots or giants
Are you sure?
decent updates
Are you sure?
a
d
o
u
m
Are you sure?
What about UHC
Are you sure?
Whens the new season?!?!?!?
Are you sure?
Thank u
Are you sure?
bet
Are you sure?
hey you guys did a thing thank you :D
Are you sure?
Are force invites going to be disable after koth is over?
Are you sure?
Yes.
Are you sure?
release new seaoson holy fuCKCK
Are you sure?
big W
Are you sure?
upvote if dipped pedo
Are you sure?
good shit
Are you sure?
add replaymod to lunar client. also search up sodium mod it boosts fps more than optifine
Are you sure?
This people cannot just ‘use a mod’
Are you sure?
u think i dont know that retard? obviously there has to be development im simply putting it out there. fucking retard
Are you sure?
Bro I just say to you this you don’t have to fire gun at me. Some peoples don’t know bro, i don’t want fight.
Are you sure?
Don't back down, fight him he put a gun to you now take him down
Are you sure?
ok
Are you sure?
yes
Are you sure?
about the team changes can u like disable that for sotw for like 4 hours or something cause people like move their stuff from mining facs to their main facs etc and then when everyone is setup u can enable that
Are you sure?
Yes, this is a config option and will most likely be enabled Monday before first KOTH.
Are you sure?
ok ty
Are you sure?
gg
Are you sure?
Lakers or Clippers in the WCF?
Are you sure?
Lakers
Are you sure?
Yes sirrr
Are you sure?
we move