MCTeams Map #8 Details 6
MCTeams Map #8 begins on Saturday (8/13) at 3:00PM EST.
• 10 man teams
• 10,000x10,000 block border (overworld & nether)
• N0 enchant limits
• No Kits or Crates
• Gold Economy
• Soup heals 3.5 hearts
• End Point: A capture point and loot based event that takes place in the END dimension. There are chests scattered around with loot that players can fight for, as well as a capture point in the center for teams to contest. Once the point is captured, it refills loot into all of the scattered chests and gives the players time to fight over them while the point recharges. The first team to capture the point a set amount of times wins the events and claims the prize.
• Feast: A KOTH style event that can take place anywhere within 512 blocks of spawn. You can build very close to the event and may even have to place blocks to get up to the platform which can add new strategies for securing and defending the capture zone.
• Iron Feast: The same as the Feast event but limited to players wearing iron armor.
• More to come
General Changes and Additions
• Tokens: Tokens are a new currency held by Teams that can be used to purchase special items from the Merchant NPC in spawn. They can be won alongside by competing in events and gold can be exchanged for them. As stated, Tokens are held by teams, meaning no individual player has a token balance.
• Special Items: More information on special items will be released in wiki form before the map begins. The current list of them includes: Max Bow, Feather Pad, Repair Chip, Bolt's Rod, Death Totem, 32 Mushroom Stew (stacked), Power-Up Potion, and Demolisher. These items are not sellable on the gold economy.
• Coinflips: Coinflips are a way of wagering your gold with other players - this feature will only be available within spawn.
• Protected Spawners: Protected Spawners will now be protected from TNT & Nether bed explosions. Visit https://lunar.gg/bottledxp for more details.
• Iron Boats: Iron Boats will be enabled. Visit https://lunar.gg/ironboats for more details.
• Salvaging: Advanced salvaging will be enabled. Visit https://lunar.gg/salvaging for more details.
• Additions to personal settings: Via '/settings', players will now also be able to: choose between rank-based nametags and team-based nametags, hide team messages in their chat, and auto-pickup valuables (Diamonds, Gold, Iron, etc).
• Stacked economy items: Players will no longer be able to buy stacked soup & potions from the economy. The Merchant NPC in spawn will contain items to help manage inventories even with these changes (such as the ‘Power-Up Potion’ & ‘32 Mushroom Stew’)
• Focus Track: You can now focus players when tracking - when focused, they’re name will appear in pink when tracked to stand out from other players. This can be done via the command ‘/focus_track’.
• Dimensions Indicators: Players with a donator rank can now tell which dimension the person they are tracking is in - this will be a huge time saver when looking for bases.