When we first opened the Lunar Network, we were a team of four teenagers who wanted to create a competitive Minecraft PvP server that focused on Practice, Hardcore Factions, and PotPvP. After over four years, there has been a decrease of interest and loss of passion in those game modes from our players and ourselves.
With that being said, we had to make the difficult decision to close the Lunar Network for the time being. We may do something in the future with the latest versions of Minecraft, but as of June 1st, 2023, the server will be whitelisted.
From the very start, our goal was to make a server that revolved around our players and community. It’s been a pleasure to interact with you all, listen to your ideas, and see you progress in the various games we once had. We believe that the majority of you are good people who just wanted to have fun on Minecraft, and so for that, we thank you for playing.
We had a lot of memorable moments on the Lunar Network, and we hope you all did as well. There were highs and lows, good times and bad, but all things must come to an end.
We will continue our work on Lunar Client to provide the best gameplay experience wherever you all choose to play next. We want to thank our incredible staff team, our talented developers, and the countless number of players who shaped the Lunar Network from the very beginning to today.
For now, we’re signing off. We want to thank all of our players who have continuously supported and believed in us. We appreciate you.
Matt, Jordan, and Colin
MCTeams Map #9 begins on Friday(1/6) at 3:00PM EST.
• 10 man teams
• 10,000x10,000 block border (overworld & nether)
• N0 enchant limits
• No Kits or Crates
• Gold Economy
• Soup heals 3.5 hearts
• End Point: A capture point and loot based event that takes place in the END dimension. There are chests scattered around with loot that players can fight for, as well as a capture point in the center for teams to contest. Once the point is captured, it refills loot into all of the scattered chests and gives the players time to fight over them while the point recharges. The first team to capture the point a set amount of times wins the events and claims the prize.
• Feast: A KOTH style event that can take place anywhere within 512 blocks of spawn. You can build very close to the event and may even have to place blocks to get up to the platform which can add new strategies for securing and defending the capture zone.
• Iron Feast: The same as the Feast event but limited to players wearing iron armor.
• Destroy-The-Core: Teams will fight to destroy the core block a set amount of times to claim the prize.
• More to come
General Changes and Additions
• Tokens: Tokens are a currency previously held by Teams that can be used to purchase special items from the Merchant NPC in spawn. They are no longer team based and will be held individually by players.
• Obby Pickaxe: A new special item that can be used to double the output of obsidian when mined. This item can be purchased with tokens from the Merchant NPC in spawn.
• Coinflips: Coinflips are a way of wagering your gold with other players - this feature will only be available within spawn.
• Daily Rewards: Players can claim a daily reward once per day. They will be available via /rewards.
• Playtime Rewards: Players can claim a rewards by hitting playtime milestones. They will be available via /rewards. Playtime can be checked via /playtime.
• Team Invite: Players can now directly invite each other to their teams without the use of the team password.
• Custom Tablist: Toggleable via /settings.
Iron Boats: Iron Boats will be enabled. Visit https://lunar.gg/ironboats for more details.
Salvaging: Advanced salvaging will be enabled. Visit https://lunar.gg/salvaging for more details.
Dimensions Indicators: When tracking, players with a donator rank can tell which dimension the person they are tracking is in.
Season 6 Release Information
Season 6 of SoupPvP will be released Friday, September 30th at 5:00 PM EST. You can read what will be reset, changed and updated in the new season below;
• The Map has been fully reset. (There is more information about the map below)
• Player Stats have been fully reset.
• Lucky Wheel has been added. (/warp arcade)
• Settings have been fully revamped and an item has been added to your hotbar while in spawn. (/settings)
• Spawn Prevention setting has been added, it can be disabled in settings.
• Spectate Command has been updated to be more smooth.
• Disguise players will now have their stats scrambled.
• Juggernaut "event" has been revamped, but is for staff and creators only still.
• P2P Command has been removed.
• Storage will now be used automatically for certain perks and items when you're logging out.
• Shop & Repair will be on a cooldown of 2 minutes, while outside of spawn. (Resets on death, disconnect or /spawn)
• Events will remain disabled, for now.
• Anti-Boost has been updated to help prevent losers.
For Season 6, we're going to use the Season 0.5/Season 1 map that a lot of players seemed to enjoy. That being said, we've made the surface of that map more flat and reduced the river size. Alongside us using this older map, we've decided to try out a new concept for the Season 6 map. Each week, the environment around the map will he updated in some way. This means each week a new part of the map will be changed, so it can be anything from buildings, trees, towers, structures falling down, parts of the river going dry, new parts of the map getting construction, and much more. Our current plan is play out a story line for all of Season 6 which will change the maps environment. At this time, I don't want to spoil the whole story line, but there are hints on the current Week #1 map. As stated before, we're simply testing this new style of map out and cannot promise the story line will even effect SoupPvP in any beneficial way or that we will continue to do this for future seasons.
• Penguin has been added.
• Kangaroo will now be placed on cooldown after their first launch.
• Melon had its damage buffed.
• Switcher will no longer be able to 'switch' themself.
• Wrath now has a stone sword, with Sharpness 2.
• Stomper can no longer 'double' stomp.
• Stomper had its damage reduced.
• Leprechaun will no longer give credits with its ability.
• Eskimo can now be used as a Nuke Shelter, using its ability item.
• Jedi has been disabled.
• Unicorn has been disabled.
• Perk Menu has been fully revamped.
• Steady Hands perk has been added.
• Skull Collector perk has been added.
• Creditor will no longer make you go negative in credits.
• Sore Loser has decreased to 50 credits.
• Bounty Hunter has decreased to 50 credits.
• Martydom has decreased to 150 credits.
• Relinquish has decreased to 250 credits.
• Jammer has decreased to 125 credits.
Kill Streak Updates:
• Stampede has been added at KS 65.
• Refill Cow has been added at KS 70.
• Chicken Chopper has received multiple improvements.
• Levels have been updated to be more complete-able.
• Daily Challenges have been fully revamped, to be more 'daily' friendly and enjoyable.
• Weekly Challenges have been fully revamped, you must now complete each week before moving forward.
• Pop Gun has been added to the Item Shop.
• Flashbang has been added to the Item Shop.
• Stat Resets has been increased to 2500 credits, in the Item Shop.
• One-Time Kits have been updated to change weekly, in the Kit Shop.
• General Contracts have been removed.
• Kill Contracts have been removed.